Monday, July 10, 2006

Snickers Blondies


Tonight I wanted to try a different version of a brownie and remembered that there was a recipe for Blondies in my KitchenAid cookbook so I decided to try it. I didn't have any more chocolate chips since I had used them all up this past weekend to make cookies for the Ultimate Fighting Championship party we had. I did however have on hand some Snickers Bars. I thought chocolate...nuts...why not? It worked out beautifully! They tasted wonderful. I would have never thought to put a candy bar inside of a brownie (which doesn't make sense since I put M&Ms in my brownies!) They had just the right sweetness to them. I cut the miniature bars into small pieces and stirred them up in the batter instead of the walnuts & chocolate chips that the original recipe called for. You can't really see them in the picture, but you sure can taste them. Another winner in my book!

Snickers Blondies

1/2 Cup plus 2 tbs butter or margarine
2 Cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 miniature Snickers bars

Place butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in mixer bowl. Mix for 1 minute. Scrape the bowl. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat 15 seconds. Stop and scrape bowl. Add in Snickers Bars mixing just until combined. Press dough into 13x9x2 inch greased and floured pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Cool in pan then cut into bars.

Adapted from KitchenAid Great Baking

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, that's a good idea!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh! Yum.My. The minute I can take off my bridesmaid dress, I am making a batch of these!

Anonymous said...

I just made half a batch of these..So good!! THe dough was really thick so I doubted how it would turn out but there's no need!