Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Herb Roasted Pork Loin


Last night I made an Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin. I had the day off for some medical tests to be run on my son and decided I wanted to make a really nice dinner for my family where we could all eat together for once. Usually it is everyone eating at different times, which is why I usually make simple dishes that warm up well. Bummer about it was I had it all ready looking pretty for dinner and….nobody showed up. Gary had to work late so his was cold and had to be reheated and the kids went to a basketball game so theirs was really cold. I did manage to take this picture while it was warm. It was a very tasty dinner. I was not used to the taste of Thyme so it kind of took me by surprise. Gary liked it a lot. I had plenty left for today’s lunch. I had heated up some potato rolls to go with it, but alas…stale by dinner. I had also made a quick version of Turtle Brownies for dessert. I just used my usual Brownie and added some Hershey's Carmel Chocolate Chips. Now those were good. It didn’t matter if they were cold they still tasted delicious. I was going to put some ice cream on them while they were still warm, but since that didn’t work we just ate them as regular brownies. I am anxious to get home this afternoon to eat one! Not sure what will be cooking tonight, but I know for sure it won’t be as nice as last nights!! I am thinking along the lines of maybe a Monte Cristo sandwich. If we are all home that is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wish your dinner plans had worked out! It looks delicious, though. I'm thinking of your brownies...mmmmm...