Monday, December 19, 2005

Gift Baskets Galore!



Last night I baked until I dropped, and I mean literally dropped! I was so tired when I finished. I made a goodie basket for my children's Godparents and one for Gary to take to work. I liked the look of Gary's basket better. Red backdrop doesn't photograph too well. They weren't fancy or filled with lots of goodies, just a few chocolatey sweets. I made my favorite brownie recipe, Unbaked Oatmeal Cookies, Rocky Road Candy, and Banana Bread. The unbaked cookies were not a favorite here. I don't think I will make them anymore. Not to mention that they didn't look too good either. These recipes came from the cookbook that I talked about in an earlier post where I said I lost the cover to it and don't know what it is called. Bummer. Too bad I am not much of a fan of chocolate. Funny huh? Almost everything I make has some sort of chocolate in it. Tonight we are supposed to bake up some Black & White Cookies.

Bakeless Cocoa Oatmeal Cookies
1 stick butter
1/2 Cup milk
4 tbsp cocoa
2 cups sugar
1/2 Cup crunchy peanut butter
3 Cups quick 1 minute oatmeal

In saucepan, melt butter, add milk, cocoa and sugar. Mix well and bring to a boil. Take off burner and mix in peanut butter well. Then add and mix in 3 Cups of quick oatmeal. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto 2 cookies sheets greased if not Teflon coated.

Source: Unknown


Rocky Road Candy

1 (12 oz) pkg chocolate chips
1 can Eagle Brand condensed milk
2 heaping Tbsp nutty peanut butter
1 (10 oz) pkg marshmallows
1 plus Cup chopped nuts

Melt chocolate chips, condensed milk and peanut butter together over low heat. Combine marshmallows and chopped nuts. Pour chocolate mixture over marshmallows and nuts and stir until completely mixed. Pour into wax paper cake pan. Spread evenly. Refrigerate about 2 hours. Remove from pan. Remove wax paper and cut into small pieces.


Banana Bread

4 eggs
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 mashed bananas
2 tsp baking soda
1 cup milk soured with 2 Tbsp vinegar
3 cups flour

Preheat the oven to 350. Combine the eggs, sugar, oil and bananas in a large bowl and mix well. Combine the baking soda with the milk mixture. Let stand till bubbly. Add to the banana mixture and mix well. Add the flour, stirring just until moistened. Grease 3 loaf pans and place a piece of waxed paper on the bottom of each. Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pans. Bake for 1 hour or until the bread tests done. Let cool in the pans for 10 minutes.

No comments: