Sunday, October 16, 2005

Pucker Up!!!!


Earlier this year I went to visit my wonderful sister in Austin and she took me on a miniature get away to a wonderful coffee shop for a cup of coffee. I can’t exactly remember the name of it, but it was the coolest coffee shop I had ever seen. They even had a free movie that you could go in and watch. While I was there she bought me a lemon cookie. I don’t remember what they called it but I want to say it was something like Pucker Up or something to that effect. I have been searching high and low for a recipe that would come close to this cookie. I think I have finally found something that comes pretty close.

This recipe came from my current issue of Cooking Pleasures Magazine. The cookies came out so soft and delicious. I prefer my cookies on the soft side. I don’t really care for crisp cookies. The cookie itself has lemon zest in it for the lemon flavor, but the real kick comes from the glaze. If I am remembering right this is the way the cookie I had at the coffee shop was. These cookies were also fairly large. The recipe says it will make 18 - 4” cookies. I made mine a little smaller so I could I will definitely be making these again.

I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as I did. I think they will pass the test, but I will have to check with my brother in law to see if they make the “coffee house” grade! If I am remembering right, Crys said that they were his favorite there too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are his favorite! Can you share the recipe? He's going to freak out when he sees this...

Chatty said...

Oh yum!