Thursday, July 07, 2005

An Apple A Day...



I wanted to make quick and easy for us to snack on today, so I made an Applesauce snack cake. It was light and not too sweet. sory about the poor picture quality. My son said it tasted a little like a carrot cake. My camera is giving me trouble right now...surely it couldn't be the photographer...hhmmmmm...any hoo.. here is the recipe in case you want to try it.

APPLESAUCE SNACK CAKE

1 2/3 C. All purpose flour
1 Cup packed brown sugar

1 ½ tsp ground allspice
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ C applesauce
1/3 C chopped nuts
½ C water
1/3 C. vegetable oil
1 tsp vinegar

Heat oven to 350. Mix flour, brown sugar, allspice, baking soda & salt with fork in
Ungreased square pan, 8x8x2 inches. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bake 35-40 minutes
Or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. 9 servings

Source: Betty Crocker’s 40th Anniversary Edition Cookbook

No comments: