Tonight was a beautiful night and the perfect end to a VERY long day. I was tired and when I really want to relax....I bake. I made the most wonderful, delicious, moist and tender cake I have made to date!! I loved it! It had two different chocolate flavors. Milk chocolate & Bittersweet chocolate. Let's just say that the cake was so moist you really didn't need to have a glass of milk, but it tastes good with it also!
You really have to try this recipe. It came in my current issue of Cooking Pleasures magazine. This is one of my favorite recipe magazines. I always find something wonderful in each issue. This issue also has various burger recipes that I have tagged to try. I never knew it was available in stores until I recently saw it at Hastings. The original recipe calls for the glaze to go completely around the cake and then some chocolate chips pressed into the sides. For you chocoholics it would be perfect, but I prefer it with just a little less chocolate. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE CHIP CAKE
3 cups cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 Cups sugar
1 Cup canola oil
2 tsp vanilla
1 Cup sour cream
1 1/2 Cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 Cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 Cup unsalted butter cut up
2 Tbs corn syrup
1 Cup bittersweet chocolate chips
2 Cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350. Spray 9 1/2 or 10 inch tube pan with fixed bottom and 3 1/4 inch high sides with nonstick spray. Line bottom with parchment paper.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until blended
3. In large bowl, beat eggs and sugar at medium speed 2 minutes or until thick, fluffy and lightened in color. Beat in oil and vanilla at low speed until blended. Beat in flour mixture just until blended. Beat in sour cream until blended. Stir in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips. Spoon batter into pan.
4. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until wooden skewer inserted in center comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached.
5. Cool in pan on wire rack. 15 minutes. Invert cake onto wire rack; remove parchment. Leave bottom side up for glazing; cool completely.
6. Meanwhile, heat cream, butter and corn syrup in medium saucepan over medium heat 2 -3 minutes or until butter melts and mixture is hot. Remove from heat: add bittersweet chocolate chips. Let stand 1 minutes. Stir until chocolate melts and glaze is smooth. Let stand at room temperature until slightly thickened.
7. With small spatula, spread glaze over top and sides of cake. Let stand 30 minutes or until glaze is set. Press 2 cups chocolate chips onto sides of cake.
Source: COOKING PLEASURES MAGAZINE