Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Chocolate & Peanut Butter


Last weekend I went into Barnes & Noble to just look around. In the bargain bin I found myself 2 new cookbooks. While looking at them on the way home Gary saw a picture of these and said he used to eat them when he was growing up. I decided to make them for him tonight. I didn't really care for them myself, but he said they tasted just like the old days. Too much peanut butter for me. My whole house smells like peanut butter now. They were really easy to make and took no time at all though, so they are good if you want a really quick snack. Here is the recipe for any of you who might want to try it.

No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

2 Cups peanut butter, divided
3/4 Cup butter softened
2 Cups powdered sugar, divided
3 Cups graham cracker crumbs
2 Cups Semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided

Grease 13x9 inch baking pan.

Beat 1 1/4 Cups peanut butter and butter until creamy. Gradually beat in 1 Cups powdered sugar. With hands or wooden spoon, work in remaining powdered sugar, graham crackers and 1/2 Cup morsels. Press evenly into prepared pan. Smooth top with spatula.

Melt remaining peanut butter and remaining chocolate morsels in medium, heavy duty saucepan over the lowest possible heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Spread over graham cracker crust in pan. refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until chocolate is firm; cut into bars. Store in refrigerator. Makes about 5 dozen bars.

Source: Old Fashioned Bake Sale

2 comments:

Angelnina said...

These look wonderful!

Angelnina said...

These look wonderful!