Tuesday, January 03, 2006

My New Thing

Like most people I started out the New Year telling myself I was going to be kinder to myself and enjoy life. I decided that one way to do that would be to try to cook healthier dinners. I have seen so many blogs with delicious looking dinners and I thought...'Hey, I can do that if I just tried!" I am one of those people who cook for convenience, meaning I cook what is fast no matter what it is. Normally I would try this for myself and continue to cook everyday stuff for the rest of my family but I thought that it wouldn't hurt anyone to at least try this new healthy lifestyle along with me. If they don't like it, well, at least it was given a chance. When I heard the comments about tonight's dinner I discovered that it might just work. I just needed to take the time to plan out our meals and as of right now I have the week planned out.



Tonight we had grilled shrimp on wild rice, broccoli cuts and a spring mix salad. I included some toasted French Bread for those who needed a little more assurance that dinner wasn't changing all that much. Here they are used to having some sort of bread with dinner. It turned out really good and it was so easy to make. I just put a few shrimp on the grill with a little seasoning and viola! I even managed to set a small serving aside for me to take with me to work tomorrow. That would help to get out of the rut of eating frozen packaged dinners or take out. I think I could eat like this all the time. Hey, who knows I might even give the dreaded tofu a try. After all Crystal does make it look so good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stopped by to check in on your blog and wish you a Happy New Year. May all your dreams come true in 2006!

Anonymous said...

That looks really yummy. I think your resolution is perfect.