Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!



Last night I made a quick Easy Chicken Bake that I had found in a magazine on a page that was for Stove Top Stuffing. I only had one good family review on it. I thought it was ok, but I didn't like the way the topping became so crunchy and I must have bought a bad bag of mixed veggies, because they tasted funny. I was thinking maybe it was because the topping was spread too thin. It said to make it in a 13x9 pan. Maybe if I made it in like a casserole dish instead the topping wouldn't have become so hard and crispy.



In honor of thanksgiving tomorrow I decided to try Paula Dean's Sweet Potato Balls. They were really good! Most of them popped open when cooking though because I forgot it said to watch them closely the last few minutes. They tasted very good though. We aren't having pumpkin pie this year so I thought I would make something to remind us of it in some way. I will make these again even though I am the only one that likes sweet potatoes in my house. Funny because they say "I don't like sweet potatoes. They are gross" yet when you ask them if they have tried them before they always say no. Have a good Holiday everyone.

4 comments:

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

What a nice Blog, Thank you ;-)

carmilevy said...

Mmmm....

Isn't it sad that one of the inventors of Stove Top passed away this week?

Dropped in from Michele's today. But I'm a regular fan already.

Anonymous said...

Confession time...I was one of those "Sweet Potatoes are gross" people who never tried them....but, Joe decided to broaden our horizens, and has convinced me otherwise :) I actually like them now!

Anonymous said...

Hey sis! Those sweet potato thingamajigs look scrumptious. You can make them for me...I love 'em!