Friday, July 01, 2005

Happy Birthday Gary!


This was my attempt to create a cool birthday cake for my son. He requested a "homemade" pokemon cake. (He prefers homemade frosting to canned store bought) He says the ones in the can are too sweet. He said it was the coolest. He even raved about it to other people. Good thing is that he is 11, so his "man mom this is cool" isn't just a little one saying it to his mom. I think it really tells me that I must have done a fairly good job. Isn't it great how kids love whatever you make them whether it is perfect or not. Anytime you feel down you just need to hang out with your kids for a while and that little..."I love you Mom" will always make you feel better.

6 comments:

Misti said...

That cake looks awesome. Great job. I perfer homemade myself. Mine never look that great tho.
Hello, Michelle sent me ;)

Cool Dad said...

Its all sugar to me. Just put it on my plate with some vanilla ice cream and I'm on my way.

Michele said...

Stopping by to say hello....

Oh, baking is one of my passions, well, admiring the baked goods of others that is.

Your son is correct, tin frosting is much too sweet and never tastes as good as homemade frosting.

Now, I must add you to my blogroll.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

That's a great cake. Well done! Michele sent me your way.

Beanhead said...

here via Michele.. The cake looks yummy! I love it when my kids say sweet things like that.

Anonymous said...

Hey sis! The cake looks awesome, and I know it tasted wonderful, too. Hope Gary had a wonderful day, and by the way, I like your new look!